Your Income is your greatest asset
We don't usually think of our current income and future earnings as an asset. However, this is what pays for everything else - mortgage, bills, childrens' education, insurances and so on.
• To calculate how much your income is worth over your working life click here.
• To calculate your lifestyle costs click here.
Now think about if you no longer had this income, how would you pay for everything? Now think about Income Protection.
Why Protect your Income
Do you realise that 1 in 6 of Irish workers will be out of work due to sickness or disability for more than 6 months over the course of their working life.
Sick Pay Coverage
• There is no obligation on your employer to provide sick pay
• In the private sector, 85% of employees would be fully dependant on the state benefit after 6 months of absence.
• The public sector offers full pay for 6 months and half pay for 6 months
Social Welfare Benefit
• The State Disability benefit pays just € 10,286 per year to an individual.
• A typical family with one adult working, one adult dependant and 2 children would qualify for just € 19,610.
• If you are self employed then you are not entitled to any benefit
For any more questions, please contact us here